Extreme Networks has this week introduced the industry's first Wave2 integrated camera Access Point as part of the ExtremeWirelessTM portfolio. The AP3916i, an 802.11ac Wave2 AP with an integrated high-definition camera, offers significant cost savings and unified management when compared to traditional surveillance camera solutions.
"We're excited to bring the industry's first Wave2 camera AP to our customers and help them easily manage the continued surge in connected devices for the enterprise campus market", says Mike Leibovitz, Director of Product Strategy, Extreme Networks. "As a leader in the wired, wireless and software markets, our focus is to provide best-in-class, innovative wireless solutions that make networking easier and more secure for enterprises looking to shift to smart buildings."
Extreme is also introducing the AP3912i, a new 802.11ac Wave2 wall plate AP that provides unified wired and wireless connectivity, seamless control over connected devices and ease-of-use with its simple plug-and-play installation model. Both of the new access points support Extreme's unique flow-based capabilities, providing embedded application analytics and control.
The 3916i and 3912i access points complement Extreme's software-driven vision to help customers address the surge in connected devices and growing demand for network connectivity. While business critical networks remain focused on device onboarding and high-performance connectivity, many organizations haven't begun planning for the Internet of Things (IoT). According to a recent survey conducted by Extreme, video surveillance, physical access control and PoE lighting systems are the top smart building IoT devices that concern customers who are without unified wired and wireless management. With the foundation of Extreme's unified solution, customers can have complete visibility, control and analytics for every device type with new and expanded capabilities to handle smart building IoT devices.
Extreme's new access points match the growing needs of many enterprise environments including K-12, higher education, healthcare and hospitality.
- New Access Points Solutions
- 3916i - Integrated camera access point with dual 802.11ac Wave2 2x2 radios
- 3912i - Wall plate access point with integrated LAN and PoE ports
- Flow-Based APs with Layer 7 Policy - An industry-first, Extreme's flow-based APs provide granular security, visibility and control over users, devices and data flowing across the network without sacrificing throughput performance. Extreme's Layer 2 through 7 centralized visibility and control software allows IT to create contextual based policies right at the AP. This allows IT to segment IoT devices, applications and data from their business users, devices and applications, thereby securing the business network from the IoT.
- Radio and Bluetooth Capabilities - Each AP includes 3 radios for 2.4GHz, 5GHz supporting 802.11ac Wave2 and a separate radio that supports BLE or ZigBee to support gateway communication functions between networks.
- Cost Savings - AP3916i High-Definition Camera Access Point reduces costs in cabling infrastructure as compared to typical video surveillance deployments while AP3912i Wall Plate Access Point can be installed into an existing Ethernet wall plate.
- Management Flexibility - These new access points can be seamlessly managed via ExtremeCloud™ or traditional on-premise management to provide unmatched application visibility and control. This eliminates architecture lock-in and allows customers to move from cloud to on-premise (or vice versa) without expensive hardware and software rip-and-replace.
- ExtremeWireless AP3912i Wall Plate Access Point Data Sheet
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- IoT solutions Page
- Smart Building eBook
- AP3912 and AP3916 Video