Following their acquisition of Enterasys in November 2013, Extreme Networks has been busy compiling one of the industry's most comprehensive network and security portfolios.
Today Extreme Networks launched their new brand and a slick new website, along with Purview®, a game-changing tool built on patented ASIC technology that bridges the gap between network and security management and business intelligence.
Purview is a Network-Powered Application Analytics and Optimisation solution that captures network data and aggregates, analyses, correlates, and reports on it to enable better decision making and improved business performance.
Through providing visibility into application use across the entire network, Purview helps organisations improve the experience of connected users, enhance their understanding of user engagement, optimise application performance and better protect against malicious or unapproved system use.
- Purview provides four sets of unique benefits:
- Business analytics - Measure and report adoption, usage and responsiveness of applications.
- IT network management - Accelerate troubleshooting through measurement and reporting of application and network performance, and optimise network design to improve user experience.
- Network security - Detect use of unapproved and malicious applications to ensure compliance, and recognise instances of shadow IT.
- Coupled with Network Access Control (NAC) solution from Extreme Networks, Purview enhances IT operational and services efficiencies by providing a richer set of analytics: username, location, device type, network policies and more.
- Purview is powered by patented CoreFlow2™ ASIC technology which provides access to application usage information in flows traversing the network.
- At initial release, the Purview customisable signature set supports over 13,000 application fingerprints over 7000 applications, including enterprise CRM, ERP, HCM, storage, web, collaboration, email, social networks and gaming.
For more information on Purview, visit the Extreme Networks product pagehttp://www.extremenetworks.com/product/purview/
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. EXTR +0.15% sets the new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and best-in-class service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data centre and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.