Extreme Networks, a leader in high performance networking, today announced global industry recognition and customer acceptance for Purview, the company's first-of-its-kind network-powered application analytics and network optimisation solution.
In the last month, Purview has been awarded with two technology Innovation awards. In the United States, SearchNetworking.com, a leading source for technology news and analysis, recognised Purview as the recipient of its 2014 Network Innovation Award, chosen by the editorial staff as an emerging network technology that is unique to the market and addresses pressing enterprise requirements. In Europe, Purview was selected as the 2014 IT Leader in the Infrastructure Innovation category, awarded at the IT Future Awards Gala held in Warsaw, Poland.
Product & Momentum Highlights:
- The momentum of deployment across industries began in January when Extreme partnered with the National Football League (NFL) to become the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the League, helping teams manage and leverage big data to allow fans get the ultimate game-day experience. Purview is currently deployed to monitor and measure fan experience at: Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions; Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles; Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots; and MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants, New York Jets and Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Troy School District in Troy, Michigan selected Purview to increase visibility into application usage across the network, helping the district ultimately improve the experience of students and faculty and optimise application performance for best-in-class reliability.
- At HIMSS 2014 in February, Extreme Networks was selected to power the intelligent hospital pavilion. Purview is the healthcare industry's first and only solution to offer care providers, clinics and hospitals unprecedented visibility into the application use across their networks, by detecting behaviour, devices and content over both wired and wireless networks.
Dan Dulac, vice president of solution strategy, Extreme Networks
"Purview was built to bridge the gap between IT network management, security and business analytics to help enterprises increase productivity, monetise the network and reduce costs. The combination of industry accolades and an array of industry deployments solidifies the importance of Purview in today's changing network landscape. We look forward to the continued growth and success of Purview in the second half of 2014."
Mike Leibovitz, director of mobility and applications, Extreme Networks
"We are honoured to be acknowledged with these industry awards as it validates Purview's significance across all industries, including health, education, sports and many other industries. Purview provides a variety of unique benefits from application analytics for better business decisions to optimised network management for a better user experience and improved security."
- Find out more - Visit the Purview homepage
- NFL Purview Announcement
- HIMSS 2014 Purview Announcement
- Purview Case Study: University of New Hampshire
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data centre and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.